A crazy thing happened over the weekend… I turned 30!
To be honest, I’m not quite sure how I got here (time has flown) but I had such a great weekend celebrating with the people I love. Chris gave me my birthday present first thing Friday morning and I am so excited to play with my new kitchen toy!
We went to lunch with my Dad later that day and if you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you may be able to guess what kind of restaurant I chose… Tex Mex! I really think I could eat it every day, I love it so much. Lunch was fun and we hung out for awhile before heading out to our evening plans.
That night Chris surprised me and helped me check an item off my Dallas Bucket List. We went to Reunion Tower for dinner! If you’ve never heard of it, Reunion Tower is an observation deck that has 360 degree views of Dallas. There is a restaurant inside that spins and gives you those same views while you eat dinner. It was so cool! It is also a Wolfgang Puck restaurant so to say the food was amazing would be a serious understatement. It may be the best meal I’ve ever had. It was delicious!
It was an amazing night and I loved every minute of it!
We continued the birthday celebrations on Saturday by going on a Taco and Margarita tour in Downtown Dallas. Our friends Amanda and Andrew joined us and we had a blast!
If you are in the Dallas area, you have to check out Dallas by Chocolate. They do various food tours in Dallas and I highly recommend them. So much fun!
Overall, it was a great birthday weekend and I definitely rang in my 30’s right!
I feel like 30 is one of those reflective birthdays where you spend a little extra time thinking about where you’ve been, where you’re at, and where you’re going. I have accomplished a lot in my life so far and I am very proud of that. But I also have a lot more things that I want to do and accomplish. So I decided to make a list of “30 Things To Do When You Turn 30” to keep myself motivated and inspired! It’s a hefty list, but I am hoping to cross these off in the next year before I turn 31.
30 Things To Do When You Turn 30
- Host a dinner party
- Get fit and lose weight (I am hoping for 10 – 15 pounds)
- Pay off student loans
- Take a vacation (we haven’t taken a vacation since our honeymoon in 2016)
- See a new country
- Visit 2 new cities
- Take a wine painting class
- Start and maintain a gratitude journal (More on this in my upcoming 2018 Goals post)
- Read 3 books
- Cook something new (I want to attempt ribs and creme brulee)
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go on a food tour
- Cross 3 things off my Dallas Bucket List
- Enjoy a spa day
- Find a new skincare routine
- Take a cooking class
- Do a pedal pub crawl
- See the Trans Siberian Orchestra perform (preferably at Christmas)
- Send a message in a bottle
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Complete 5 house projects
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Go stargazing
- Go to the farmers market
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter
- Ride a trolley
- Go to a Brazilian steakhouse
- Plan a stay-cation
- Start a new family tradition
- Go to a dog friendly brewery